Tuesday, September 6, 2011

lets not get tooo excited there

so my life is a whirlwind of crazy.  I recieved an email a couple weeks ago from a friend and she reminded me that it was just a year ago that I decided to serve a mission.  I had NO IDEA!!!!  ha ha I am doing SUPER well here in my 3rd area in a country that I knew NOTHING about speaking a language I barely knew exsisted.  SOOOO many things have happened in a year.  I had a vision of missionaries that has completely taken a 180 turn.  I love that mission.  I love all of my companions.  I love the missionaries that I know.  But I understand now what I am doing.....ok NO ONE understands what I am doing because I´m a nut-case BUT I am learing soooo much about my call as a missionary and I am learing more and mroe everyday. 
 
I thought that a mission was just go there....talk about jesus....eat weird food...return with some cool stories....and a tan.  Ha ha ha ha ha haha any of you that are returned missionaries know that this is all FARSE!!!!  ha ha I am here in a country that doesn´t believe in air conditioning OR Vacuums...yea just "go there"  ha ha if only it was that simple.  I was called my God through a Profet to live here in Brasil for 18 months and serve.  I have to study for 9 weeks and still don´t feel adequate.  I talk about our savior all the time.  But I really understand that he is my savior I teach about HIS gospel and I love him.  This opportunity is open to ALL you don´t have to serve a mission to talk about Jesus.  Weird food....yea I´m not gonna go there.  Let´s just say that if I ever have to eat rice and beans again after this next year I will not be super excited.  I will be returning with some AWESOME stories.  But not just because I am in a cool country.  I am meeting the coolest people that exist and I am doing the best thing there IS and "cool story" doesn´t cut it.  I was sent here to meet these people and to help them find the gospel.  I was sent here to have these experiences and cool story doesn´t even scrape the surface.  And I will just let the tan speak for itself.
 
Ha ha so we have been working really really hard in this area trying to teach somebody...anybody....ha ha I love the area, I love the members and my baptisms from last transfer but I am not going to lie....it is SUPER difficult here.  For example, we knock doors an average of 1.5 hours a day and we are allowed to enter in an average of 3 homes per week.  It is super discouraging BUT those of you who know me super well know that I still have a smile on my face.  Ha ha I have faith that Our Heavenly Father is preparring someone Extremely special for me to teach and I am just hoping that I hfind them soon because this is the last week of the transfer and no one knows if we´re going to stay or be transfered this week.
 
ANyways I honeslty don´t know what happens to the time but I gotta go I just want to tell you all thank you soooo much for your emails of support and all the letters.  It really means alot to me knowing that somewhere out there someone is thinking of me.  ha ha I love you all soooo much!!!  stay awesome, never regret!!!
 
Have an awesome week!!!
 
XoxoxoXOXXo
 
Sister Ottley

No comments:

Post a Comment