Friday, January 14, 2011

Tee-Shirts, Flats, Linen skirts and Snow.....Great.

The entire wait from between receiving my call and going to The Sau Paulo MTC I've been worried about my VISA coming. It's been a big struggle getting VISAs into Brazil for a LONG LONG time. But there's not much I can do about it so I sit, and I wait. I'm visiting my sister Meghan in Michigan. She has two boys: Tyler (7) and Bret (3) and just gave birth on the 11th to Audrey. Right as I got Audrey to sleep I got a call from my dad who had just talked to the Missionary Travel Office.......

Awesome news!!! My VISA to Brazil has not been processed; therefore I'm going to Provo. As of right now I won't be permanently reassigned.....this is only a temporary fix until my VISA goes through. However, there are only 9 weeks of training soooo IF Brazil continues to be awful then they will send me to ANOTHER temporary location. I'm really really hoping that I don't end up going somewhere else but HEY "I'll go where you want me to go dear lord."

There IS however one issue with this......It has been consistently 75 to 85 degrees in my mission the last few weeks. And in Provo, it's been more like 20 so my wardrobe is not quite appropriate. My mom is taking me to the mall here in Michigan so I can hopefully get some boots and maybe like a wool skirt.

Anyways, if any of you lovely people have any connection with the Brazilian consulate, I'd LOVE some help getting into the country!!! But since I highly doubt that any of you Do know anyone with any pull maybe say a prayer that they will be more willing to let the work continue in the country.

I love you all!!!! Have a good day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I called the Brazilian Consulate, but they didn't speak any English. I tried my Spanish skills on them, but that didn't work either. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete