Monday, January 3, 2011

To say goodbye, You first have to say Hello

So, I have officially started my goodbyes. I really didn't realize how hard it was going to be. I have some seriously awesome friends. And you can say "it's not goodbye, it's see ya later" all you want it won't stop me from crying. This is goodbye in my book.


It's not a bad thing, just a scary thing. Nothing and no one is going to be the same when I get home. I am SOOO ready to be a missionary and to get out of here. I CANNOT wait to teach and preach and work as missionaries do.....but part of me doesn't want this phase of my life to end.


I'm not saying goodbye to my friends, but I am saying goodbye to this phase of my life. Change is a normal process of life. And as the tears fell from my face and soaked my best friends' t-shirts when I embraced them for what feels like the last time, I realized that each of them was in my life for a reason. I am a better person for knowing each and every one of them.


We all have more memories than I can remember ;) we have inside jokes, we have songs. But most of all we have each other. In the next 18 months we will all be completely different people and there is no denying the fact that some of the friendships will fade. However, I know that I love them all and I know that there is no changing that, ever.



I know that when I get back all of my friends will be in completely different places in their lives. There is nothing I can do about that fact. Going on a mission is quite possibly the most dramatic change and biggest thing I have ever done slash ever will do with my life. It is the best decision I've ever made, right next to the friendships I've developed with the awesome people in my life.


The truth of the matter is: if it weren't for the amazing people in my life influencing me for good, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I have more heroes and role models than I know what to do with. Not one person on this planet is more grateful for their friends than THIS girl :) I'm more blessed than I deserve.


I want all of my wonderful friends to know that I love them. I will never forget you. If you don't write me while I'm gone I WILL stab you when I return. Even if your beautiful face isn't pictured on this post you KNOW who you are and you KNOW how much you mean to me!!!


I'm not one to hide how I feel or tip-toe around anyone's feelings...sooooo... I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! I appreciate your love, your support, your jokes, your smiles, your tears, your laughs. I'd say "don't ever change" but I want you to! I want you all to grow, learn and progress! Don't ever stay the same and let the world change and pass by you!


Alright I just wanted you all to know that I love you and will miss you more than peanut butter and hot showers. So there. You better not forget me!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment