Tuesday, July 10, 2012

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Hello friends and Family!!!
 
WEll I have a comparison to make for you guys; some of you maybe all have already heard this but I want to make it again.
 
Did you know that the Gospel is like orange juice?  Imagine tis:  you invite a good friend of yours over to your house for breakfast.  You made pancakes and waffles and bacon and eggs, EVERY good thing there is to eat for breakfast.  And while they are eatting you started peeling oranges and making fresh homemade orange juice.  You fill up a nice huge pitcher and set it on the counter.  You don`t place it on the tabel where your friend is eatting it is out of reach but not out of sight.  You don`t offer them any because you are afriad they might not like orange juice and you don`t want to hurt thier feelings or offend them.  The gospel is like the orange juice.  You are afriad thatyour firend might not like the gospel so you don`t even offer it to them.  How are you going to know that they don`t want any if you don`t even offer it to them.  Just remember that the next time you think "oh he would never want to be mormon."
 
So this week we ran into a guy who stopped us and said "I used to be part of this church."  ha ha we asked him if he`d been baptised and all that stuff and he said no so we got even MORE excited.  haha we invited him to church and all that and he told us about all his old friend from the church.  We lied and told him they were always talking about him too.  Well, guess what......he WAS baptised, haha we asked some members and they said that he was baptised like 16 years ago and then became inactive.  ha ha awesome.  guess what else, after he promised us he would go to church, he didn`t show.....shocker.  I don`t think I trust anybody anymore.  ha ha the mission is sad that way.  ha ha maybe if I had more confidence and faith in people I would have more people in church.  ha ha
 
So this  week was the "spring cleaning" of  our "chaple" a.k.a.  the rented house above the local clinic.  ha ha  So we went to help.  After a few cat-calls in the street (we were in work clothes, which is a novelty beccause the people ONLY see us in skirts)  we went and threw some water around at the chaple.  This is cool and all but when we were done the place was still a mess.  The Irmã who cleans wvery week said that if you were to stay there all day you wouldn`t be abele to ge thte dirt out of the cracks.....yes, the floor is cement.  I am sooo grateful for the beautiful chaple I had and have and I will NEVER complain about being called to clean it EVER again!!!!  haha
 
So we have to send the numbers into the office eery week as part of our accountability towards the mission right?  well we made a competition with the elders from our district.......who could do the most contacts with addresses.......this week we got 143  the other two companionships didn`t get that together!!! ha ha we SMOKED them!!!!!  so now they have to buy us ice-cream.  I love a good competition but now it is getting out of hand.   ha ha this week there is a pizza at stakes and we just have to take 5 people to church.......we have 2 wards........These boys are NOT thinking things through every well.. ha ha we practically have 2 areas because of the district where we work and so wew got 12 people to church last week........This should be interesting.  ha ha
 
So needless to say I am wokring really really hard and am really tired.  I want to stay here on the mission forever but my body cannot handle it.  ha ha my spirit wants to continue but my body won`t allow it.  I will be back in the states the 10th of August.  I won`t lie I am excited to take a real life hot shower but I am more sad to think that I won`t be surrounded by this beautiful people anymore.....not that you guys are ugly or anything.....ya`ll are just real real white.  ;)
 
I love you alll sooooo much!!!  life is sooooo good.  I don`t know where I would be or who I would be without each and everyone of you.  I know this church is true.  Eu sei que temos um proposito aqui na terra e que esse proposito é voltar para presença de nosso pai celestial um dia.  Infelismente Eu não tenho nenhum testemunho em inglês, me desculpa.  mas Eu amo vocês de mais!!! 
 
Have a great week!!!!
 
XOOXOXOXOXOO
 
BEIJOS!!!!
 
Sister Ottley

No comments:

Post a Comment