Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wait, did we Kill Obama or Osama?

So being a missionary is kind of like living in a bubble.....a sound
proof bubble. I mean I am grateful that I don´t have to focus on
things of the world but at the same time, I miss tv. ha ha life is
good here in Brazil. I watched a jumping spider attack and eat a
giant fly. I discovered a bug that I named a wall crawler. It is
really strange....it litteraly crawls up the wall but in a gross scary
kind of way......I can´t really explain it. So there is some sort of
celebration going on that lasts for about two months. Thats great but
I don´t really like to hear fire crackers at 6:00 am EVERYDAY!!!!!!
ha ha thank you st. joão whoever you are. thanks alot. as if I don´t
need sleep :)

So MIRACLES REALLY DO HAPPEN!!!!! there was a guy who was being
taught by the sisters here in my area a while back before my comp or I
were here. He just randomely SHOWED up at church....who does
that?!?!?! it was awesome, for some odd reason he couldn´t stay for
the whole 3 hours but we got his address and were really excited to go
teach him and baptise him ......yea I don´t know who said what but he
gave us a total BOGUS address...bah ha ha ha ha ha we taught the
people that live in the house he told us was his and their neighbors
too.....none of them are interested either. My life is a joke.

So the people here are really really sweet. THey LOVE to feed the
missionaries. THere is an ex-member ( like innactive for 4 years) who
has an acarajé stand and she gives us free acarajé whenever we
want.....SOOOOO good but she refuses to give me mine with shrinp
anymore becauseshe thinks I am allergic because of the swelling in my
ankle.....due to my mosquito bites.....darn.....oh well it is still
good!!!!!! anyway this love is super awesome and i love that the
people love us so much BUT my waistline doesn´t love it and neither
does my ability to fast. ha ha Fasting is suck a joke here but I
still do what I can, I usually just bable some english mixed with
portuguese and they are like "oh she is a llegic" or "oh she has
diareah" I just laugh. it is really funny.

Speaking of portuguese....I am still learning....everyday. Sometimes I
learn the right way with a book or with someone teaching me.
Sometimes I learn from mistakes. Ha ha I had been buying this juice
because it was the cheapest in the store and it wasn´t totally
disgusting. Ha ha and then I bought milk (if you can call it milk) by
the same brand.....I was a little confused because the writing was
totally different but it was the same brand "suja"
I never know what milk to buy because milk comes in a powder form
here....or it is in a cardboard container.....I just get so confused
an I don´t really even like milk as it is. So normally I just go
without but I had bought a cake mix to make for family night and it
needed Milk so I decided to be adventurous. I made the cake and I
added the milk and I about died when Iopened the container because
of the horrid smells coming out of it. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I started
looking up words on the package because I wanted to make sure it
wasn´t rotten.......Suja is not a brnad......it means SOY!!!!!! Bah
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha i about died. It was really funny. so I´ve been
drinking falvoured soy milk for a while now.....I just love my life.

andother laguage funny is TJ.....this is pronounced "te jota" it
stands for testimunha de jovah....aka JW "jey dub" Jehovahs Witness.
Bah ha ha when people say tj fast it sounds like idiota.....I was
soooo confused as to why people we constantly talking about this
religion like they were idiots. I mean they are but that is still a
little rude. THEN I was making a door contact and the man said oh i´m
te jota and I about passed out. THEY EVEN CALL THEMSELVES
IDIOTS!!!!!! ha ha ha ha I´n the end I´m the real idiot. What a
joke. ha ha

Well don´t worry about my mosquito bites or my face. I am slowly but
surely healing. I don´t make little girls cry at church anymore but
I´m gonna kick someone in the face the next time they try to rub some
sort of cream or concocktion on my legs. ha ha EVERYONE IS A STINKIN
DOCTOR!!! thanks but no thanks. ha ha ha ha I know they just want to
help but when I have to wash my body like 4 times just to get your
"miracle worker" off my skin I´d really just rather suffer through it.
ha ha

I am working really hard here in Camaçari trying to get some people
baptised before I have to get tranferred. Transfers are on the 21st
and I don´t know if I´ll be staying here. Part of me really wants to
stay and see some people get married and baptised and part of me wants
to go somewhere more fruitful. I´m selfish.

Anyways I hope all is well I hope you are all praying and reading your
scriptures daily!!!!

XOOXOXOXOXOXO

Sister Ottley!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment