Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This is a dream right?

SO lately I have been having really weird dreams. Not too out of the
ordinary for me but one morning I woke up and realized that it had
been the first time in months that I actually slept through the night.
I don´t know if I was just exhausted or what but it was beautiful.
But at the same time I could not make myself think in Portuguese. It
was kind of ridiculous. Later that morning when my companion and I
were leaving for the day she turned to me and asked "how did you sleep
last night?" Ha ha I explained that it was the best nights sleep I´ve
gotten since my mission began. SHe just laughed and sayed "I figured"
SHe explained that I had been talking all night. She has no idea
what I was saying because it was all in English and she was half
asleep too. Ha ha so ridiculous.

WE HAD A BAPTISM SATURDAY!!!!! ~Tânia who has been investigating for
1 and a half years FINALLY got baptised on saturday. She is awesome
and totally participated in Gosple Principals, like way better than
everyone else. I love it!!!!

So I have been studying ALOT about faith. I have been working on
relying on the Lord and turning to him rather than getting angry in
frusterating situations. It worked. Ha ha I have always been a
pretty happy go lucky kind of person but the mission stressed me out.
Everything is peaches now, soft and sweet. I have decided that if
there is nothing I can do about the situation just to let it slide.

On sunday my companion was really nervous becasue everyone we tried to
get that morning and take to church was either sleeping, had their old
pastors over for prayer and yelling, or had a motorcycle accident the
night before because they´d been drinking. Ha ha so we started
sacrament meeting with 0 investigators. THen our recent convert Vitor
(the kid with the hair) came in and was like "hey, where´s DAvid?" ha
ha David has been investigating for who knows how long and decided he
was going tro wait for his buddy to get home from his mission so he
could baptise him. He SHOWED up at church. This was the sunday that
Vitor was to recieve the preisthood and BAM we convinced David that he
didn´t need to wait for his other friend because THIS one could
baptise him TODAY!!! BAMM!!! 2 baptisms and I was exstatic!!!!

I am that much closer to my baptism goal. President Toledo was all
about setting goals and I set one to baptise 50 people. I have about
50-56 weeks left to meet this goal and as of today I have 5 baptisms.
I know that as long as I work hard I will meet this goal no problem.

David, Maicom, Vitor, and Caio are all in the YM and have decided (now
that they figured out they can baptise eachother) they are going to
give us more references. Ha ha I really don´t care because a majority
of them are concidered "men" which means that Bahia can have a Temple
that much faster. Look forward to more talk about our little
brothers!!!

So, yesterday was pretty awesome......not. We came home, to the same
apartment we´ve been trying to leave for weeks and found more evidence
of mouse visits. I have just about lost my patience. I started
walking around with a big stick because you can put money on the fact
that if I encounter this rat he is going DOWN!!!!! Ha ha we decided
that he is mosty likely coming in therough the bathroom that doesn´t
work. This lovely batheroom just happens to be in the master "suite"
a.k.a. our room. I am not okay with this concidering our "beds" are
mattresses laying on the floor. nope. not gonna happen. we moved
our mattresses into the other room down the hall also known as a
closet. ha ha it was slightly ridiculous. BUT this room has a door
that locks. I know very well of this because I have locked myself in
this room more than once. It really sucks when Your companion is
taking a shower at the other end of the house when you are loced in a
tiny room with an ironing board.....ha ha my life.

Anyways we slept in the closet last night and I am just praying that
the deposit goes through on the new house because as soon as it does
we are OUT of here!!!! we have been waiting for this deposit for a
week now and I am about 2 seconds away from robbing a bank and just
giving the owner of our new house cash.

I am trying really hard to remember what else happened this week and I
am coming to a blank. The rat and baptisms really were the highlight.

So I am gonna go ahead and sign off for the week!!! I love love love
love love you all!!!! THank you all soooo much!!!!!! Stay awesome
never regret!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Sister Ottley

P.S. If you are all serious about sending me packages, I really just
want american candy. Anykind will do. I am also in need of real life
repellent something that lasts a little longer than 4 hours. Also
Chacos. In our mission we can wear sandals but the options here don´t
last, I´ve already walked through 2 pairs (espensive pairs). I need
some of quality and I know that I wear a size 10 in Chacos but any
brand will do as long as it is quality. open toe is fine just not
hideous ;) imposible I know. anyways I love love love you all!!!!!
THANKS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment