Monday, April 18, 2011

March 18th--Week 8

HEY EVERYONE!!!!
This week has been one crazy crazy roller coaster of emotions!!!! I had to say goodbye to 2 elders in my district. I love them alot and we've all grown really close together as a District Family and now it's all getting torn apart. Our teachers tell us all the time about how they think our district is really special because we are super different from other districts they've had in the past. I don't know what it is but we were seriously all chosen for the same district for a reason. Our Heavenly father REALLY knows what he is doing!!!!
So, I don't remember what I said last week. But sister Withers was sent out early and so her companion needed a comp. Therefore my tri-fecta was split up. Muito Triste, but it's all good. Sister Davis and I are comps now and we are LOVING it!!!! I loved the Trio SOOOO much but this is way fun too!!!! We get alot more done for some reason. Ha ha for instance, one day we just went and hid from everyone else and memorized James 1:5 in Portuguese and Doctrine and Covenants 4 in english and prepared a lesson in Portuguese. It was the most productive 2 hours of my life!!!!!!
So since our district was getting slpit up we decided we would all do something fun and special together.....so we played 4-square in gym. If you've been to the MTC you know that 4-square is a BIG deal. Like, no joke. People get serious injuries from the game. Anyways, if you know me you know that I have little to none hand-eye coordination and so i'm sure you can assume what went down on the court. Ha ha not pretty. One elder (not from my district or zone) was really mean and got me out in a "lame way" to quote Elder Daniels. And so everyone booed him and made him feel really guilty. I laughed for like 4 minutes straight.
Wednesday is new missionary day!!!! I LOVE it every week I'm sooo grateful that I never have to do THAT particular first day again. ha ha but this week I got to host the new comers and show some new sisters around. It was really fun to hear they're stories and why they're on missions. I used to hate mission stories but now I super love them. GO figure :)
Anyways Wednesday night we had a district Testimony meeting where we all shared our thoughts and feelings and cried together and it was beautiful. I love it here so much. The spirit was soooo strong and I know that "my elders" are gonna be great missionaries. They know their stuff and they love our Heavenly Father sooo much!!!!!
They left yesterday morning and so we all had a big cry-fest outside while they loaded the bus. I miss them already but I know that they are where they need to be.
Three more people in my district recieved their VISA's this week. Sister Turner, Elder Mollerup, and Elder Schwartz.....all from washington. I don't want to get my hopes up but at this rate I'll either go right into the field on the 29th or only be re-assigned for a week. I am soooo excited!!!!!!! I only have 11 days left here! I am trying to make the best of it and use my time wisely but at the same rate I catch myself daydreaming about Brasil!!!!
If they don't accept my VISA I will be temporarily re-assigned soooo.....I want to hear all your guesses for where I'm going!!!! My district has guessed everything from Nauvoo (my personal favorite) to Texas ( I have the wardrobe for it) ha ha
P.S. You can dear elder me, email me or write me!!! I'll have the addresses updated as my mission pregresses!!! and FYI I ALWAYS write back the following P-Day when I get mail. and I LOVE getting mail :) But if you email me PLease put your Physical address in the email so I can write back.
anyways I really wish you all a very happy week. I don't have time for a spiritual message but know that I love you and so does our heavenly Father!!!!! Be Good!!!!
LOVE,
Sister Ottley!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment